Supplementing for peak performance: beetroot, matcha, mushrooms and more…
Food and Nutrition
Celery juice…Weight loss cure? Digestive aid? Flushes out viruses? Overall health panacea? Reverses brain fog, depression, and anxiety?
No. Absolutely not. Ridiculous. Sorry to tell you. Juice is a bit of a sad story in general really. You take the fruit or vegetable, squeeze it, and leave the majority of the good stuff behind. But the celery juice thing is a bit more upsetting in my opinion and here’s why...
Physical hunger is triggered by hormone shifts – ghrelin, cortisol, insulin, leptin etc. Without having to be an endocrinologist you absolutely can help yourself out here by manipulating your food choices and making some simple lifestyle changes!
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened milk of choice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- ½ banana sliced
- Drizzle of pure maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup granola
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- For Topping Options: Mixed Berries, Walnut Pieces, Cacao Nibs
- Add the yogurt, strawberries, granola and honey into a blender and blend till smooth.
- Top with ingredients of choice and enjoy!
- 1 scoop Protein Powder Of Choice – (I use Alaya Naturals Vanilla Whey)
- 1 Tbsp. milk of choice – (I like oat, coconut, or organic regular)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 mashed banana
- Coconut oil spray
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Optional: top with pure maple syrup or coconut yogurt