Wed, 12/15/2021 - 08:36
- 1 large egg yolk
- 12 egg whites
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 cups organic milk of choice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 shot organic espresso
- Whisk eggs, maple syrup, milk, and water in a medium saucepan, and then place on a burner over medium heat. Whisk regularly until the mixture reaches 160* F or so and coats the back of a metal spoon slightly.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Then mix in the spices and vanilla.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Pour a ½ cup of eggnog in a glass. Add Shot of Espresso or 2 ounces strong coffee and whisk well.
- Heat in microwave for 1 minute and enjoy!