Mon, 08/21/2023 - 07:35
fitness info and more right in your inbox.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: sliced bananas, berries, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, cacao nibs
- Peel the bananas and slice them into smaller pieces for easier blending.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the sliced bananas, cocoa powder, Greek yogurt, honey or maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Taste and Adjust: Taste the mousse and adjust the sweetness if needed. Add more honey or maple syrup if you prefer a sweeter dessert.
- If you want the mousse to be chilled, you can place it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving.
- To serve, spoon the chocolate banana mousse into serving glasses or bowls. Top the mousse with sliced bananas, berries, cacao nibs, shredded coconut, or chopped nuts for extra flavor and texture.
This recipe uses ripe bananas as the base, which adds natural sweetness and creaminess to the dessert. The Greek yogurt provides additional creaminess and a dose of protein. The cocoa powder gives you that chocolate flavor you're craving without the excess sugars found in typical chocolate desserts. Feel free to get creative with your choice of toppings and adjust the sweetness according to your taste preferences.