Protein Packed Banana Bread
Wed, 05/13/2020 - 16:29
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose whole grain flour (swap for gluten free flour if desired)
- ¾ cup grass fed whey vanilla protein powder – if vegan simply swap this for another ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup organic unsalted Grass Fed Butter OR coconut oil if vegan, melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 6 overly ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup chopped organic walnuts
1. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, and maple syrup. Stir in the eggs and mashed banana and mix until well-combined.
4. Stir wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix until combined. Fold in the cacao nibs and chopped walnuts.
5. Pour into the parchment-lined loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Allow the bread to cool for 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with a slab of your favorite nut butter. Enjoy!