Mixed Berry Chia Jam
Wed, 06/10/2020 - 13:20
- 1/3 pound fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- 1/3 pound fresh blueberries, washed
- 1/3 pound fresh raspberries, washed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the berries, lemon juice, and honey.
- Once the berries have softened to the point that they're starting to fall apart, use a potato masher or fork to break them up even more.
- Let the mixture come to a slow boil, stirring continually. Once you see some big bubbles break the surface, add the chia seeds.
- Bring heat to low and continue stirring for 15 minutes.
- Then, remove the pan from the stove.
- While the jam is still hot it may seem more fluid that you would expect. The chia seeds need a bit of time to do their work, so let the jam cool to room temperature in the jar and then put your jar of jam in the fridge for a few hours and it will achieve the perfect texture.
- If you enjoy jam with small chunks of fruit in it, you're done!
- If you'd prefer jam with a smoother texture, feel free to add the mixture to your blender and pulse it a few times before pouring it into a mason jar.