Tue, 11/19/2019 - 07:16
- 1 10 - 12lb turkey
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 head garlic, separate cloves and chop
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 cups water
Preheat oven to 325º.
Clean turkey – remove organs and giblets.
In bowl combine, sage, garlic, thyme, zested lemon and juice, olive oil and thoroughly whisk together.
Baste turkey with herb mixture.
Place turkey on roasting pan and pour the two cups of water in to the bottom of the roasting pan.
Cook for 3.5 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165º F. Then, let rest for roughly 20 minutes before carving.
HEALTHY HOLIDAY STUFFING - Gluten Free, paleo, keto
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cups onion, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup apple, cored and diced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or dates, chopped
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups organic almond flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, apple, mushrooms, cranberries or dates, parsley, poultry seasoning, sage, salt, and pepper. Sauté 7 minutes.
Transfer to baking dish. Stir in almond flour and mix well. Add the whisked eggs and stir well. Bake for 50 minutes.
ROASTED GARLIC BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 8 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 heads of garlic
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 400º.
Separate garlic cloves and peel them.
Toss garlic and Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Spread the vegetables on a large baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake vegetables for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
MASHED SWEET POTATOES
- 4 medium sweet potatoes skin on, diced into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup ready to drink coconut milk (not canned)
- raw pecans, crushed (for topping if desired)
Steam the sweet potatoes until very tender, approximately 15 minutes. Don’t remove the skin.
Once tender, transfer to a food processor, add coconut milk, ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, maple syrup and puree.
Sprinkled a couple of crushed pecans on top if desired and serve immediately.
POM APPLE WALNUT SALAD
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups torn radicchio
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3 Fuji apples, thinly sliced
- 2 heads Belgian endive, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Put all salad ingredients into a bowl and toss.
Then mix all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk briskly until blended.
Drizzle salad dressing over salad and serve.