Eat to Beat Covid
Wed, 06/24/2020 - 06:55
Dr William Li, who wrote one of my favorite books, “Eat To Beat Cancer – A research scientist explains how you and your family can beat up to 90% of all cancer” came on to my podcast and shared top tips on foods to fight cancer! Listen here!
Plus, he gave us his top 10 list of foods to help fight Covid! Dr. Li is a Harvard trained MD, world renowned medical researcher, NY Times best selling author and TED talker – He’s changing the game, so when this man talks I am always listening. This is straight from Dr. Li’s blog where you can find ALL his amazing advice on fighting disease with nutrition here- https://drwilliamli.com
- Mushrooms: These increase protective antibodies from your saliva and ward off infection. The good stuff is in the stems as well as the caps so make sure you enjoy both.
- Broccoli Sprouts: Sprouts are baby broccoli plants that are great for salads and smoothies. Research shows that eating these actually pumps up your immune system against viruses.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: EVOO ramps up the number of your immune cells and activates them.
- Pomegranate Juice: Increases a healthy bacteria in the gut called Akkermansia. Higher levels of this bacteria is associated with an improved immune response.
- Blueberries: Research has shown that blueberries increase certain types of immune cells in healthy people.
- Blackberries: Great source of vitamin C and dietary fiber. They’re great for your gut bacteria, which means they’re great for immunity.
- Oyster Sauce: It’s used for sauces in Chinese food and actually made from oysters. Scientists have shown that extracts made from oysters can boost a healthy immune response and calm inflammation at the same time.
- Tomatoes: A great source of vitamin C. You can eat the tomatoes whole, cook them, or enjoy it as a sauce.
- Green Tea: A natural substance in green tea called EGCG calms inflammation and helps to reset immune systems to healthy levels.
- Pecans: Packed with fiber and omega-3 fats that support immunity.