Beet Goat Cheese Hummus
Tue, 08/11/2020 - 09:38
- 1 baseball-sized red beet (about 6 ounces), scrubbed
- 1 15½-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ⅓ cup tahini, well mixed
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Goat Cheese
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or smashed to a paste with flat side of knife on cutting board
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 cranks freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
Preheat oven to 425°. Wrap beet in foil and place on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Roast 65 minutes. Let sit until cool. (or, buy a premade beet that is already cooked)
Meanwhile, put chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, goat cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and coriander in a food processor until smooth.
Rub beet with paper towel to remove skin. It should slide off easily. Trim root off and cut beet into pieces; add to food processor. Process until mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Transfer hummus to a shallow bowl. Enjoy!