BBQ Salmon Zoodle Bowl
Fri, 10/30/2020 - 09:56
SERVINGS - makes 4 bowls
- 12 ounces of salmon fillet (four / 4 ounce fillets)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey (adjust to your liking)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic (around 2 large cloves)
- kosher salt to taste (a pinch or so)
- 2 medium zucchini (spiralized) – See instructions for prep, or buy them ready-made
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup uncooked Quinoa (to be cooked)
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- Lemon or Lime wedges
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1oz pepita seeds
- Preheat oven 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Clean salmon fillets and place on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix BBQ sauce and remaining ingredients.
- With marinade brush, spread 2 tbsp on each fillet.
- Place BBQ Salmon in the oven and bake 10-12 minutes until the salmon is almost completely cooked through at the thickest part. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of your salmon fillet(s).
- Broil 1-2 minutes until BBQ sauce caramelized on edge of salmon. Add pinch of salt over salmon after cooked.
- Wash zucchini and cut off the ends.
- Place zucchini in the handheld or countertop spiralizer unit. Select the cut size on the unit and cut noodles.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add teaspoon of minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the zucchini noodles and saute for 5 minutes, until just tender and al dente.
- Set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Place 1/3 cup Quinoa cooked onto each plate or bowl.
- Scoop 1 cup of zucchini noodles to go next to the salmon followed by a sprinkle of pepita seeds.
- Place 1 salmon fillet on top.
- Add cilantro, splash of lemon or lime wedge juice, and avocado slices to garnish.
- Salt and pepper to taste.