Mon, 01/11/2021 - 08:03
- 1 ripe avocado (medium)
- 3.5 oz bar dark chocolate (70-85% dark)
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder (cocoa powder)
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (add additional tbsp depending on your sweet preference)
- pinch of salt
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (I use Alaya Naturals Collagen Powder or the Alaya Naturals Grass Fed Whey)
- Roughly chop the chocolate.
- Set in a heatproof bowl and place over small pot of simmering water (about an inch of water in the pot, and make sure bowl does not touch the water).
- Stir occasionally until chocolate is melted and set aside.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and add to the food processor.
- Add all the remaining ingredients including melted chocolate.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste to see whether you'd like additional maple syrup.
- Eat right away or transfer to an airtight container and chill in fridge for up to 2 days.