‹‹ Back to JillianMichaels.com

Join the Jillian Michaels "Unlimited" Groups!

Jillian Michaels Unlimited now has Groups! Each message board has a corresponding Group home page. Here you'll see your Group stats, popular posts, and new members. There will be many more Group features added in the coming months. To join, simply click the “Join This Group” button in the top left corner of the message board page.

New Member...

Posted: Apr-20 10:55 AM (1 of 2)

Hi all,
I am new to this so any pointers you have would be fantastic.
Here's some background information on myself and why I joined: I work out like crazy! I ran my first marathon this year and swam competitively for eight years. I workout five days a week if it's an extremely busy week, but I mostly workout 6-7 days a week for at least an hour and half. You would think I would lose weight, but the fact is, I am gaining! I am always so hungry from working out. I don't eat junk food and I love fresh veggies (without oil) and salad (without dressing). However, I eat an enormous amount at night. It's like I have no control. I am going to say I had at least 14 servings of nonfat ricotta cheese last night. I can't get out of the habit of over eating at night and undoing all of my hard work during the day! It's awful! Has anyone experienced this? Anyone know how to combat this awful problem? I live alone too, so there is no one to slap some sense into me (or food out of my mouth!)

Thanks for your help!!
Hi all,
I am new to this so any pointers you have would be fantastic.
Here's some background information on myself and why I joined: I work out like crazy! I ran my first marathon this year and swam competitively for eight years. I workout five days a week if it's an extremely busy week, but I mostly workout 6-7 days a week for at least an hour and half. You would think I would lose weight, but the fact is, I am gaining! I am always so hungry from working out. I don't eat junk food and I love fresh veggies (without oil) and salad (without dressing). However, I eat an enormous amount at night. It's like I have no control. I am going to say I had at least 14 servings of nonfat ricotta cheese last night. I can't get out of the habit of over eating at night and undoing all of my hard work during the day! It's awful! Has anyone experienced this? Anyone know how to combat this awful problem? I live alone too, so there is no one to slap some sense into me (or food out of my mouth!)

Thanks for your help!!

Click on text to edit Delete
To: RunKT
Posted: Apr-21 05:39 PM (2 of 2)

Hi and welcome aboard! Yeah, I too have been in the situation you are talking about. Eating way too much at night....I have found that eating some of what I like in the daytime helps me avoid saving all of the treats for later. It was comforting to me to have that food at night especially when working long hours and having crazy days. I still have very long hours and have super crazy days but I now plan when I am going to overeat. If it is at night, trust me it is planned and I would have been eating well for at least 5 or 6 days prior to that. That might work for you.Definitely sounds like you are depriving yourself during the day and making up for it at night. I also used to think that just because a food was lowfat that I could over indulge in it. I was proven wrong when I started gaining weight from healthy food. Hang in there and I am sure you will find a good balance with food and exercise. Good luck! Niceee
Hi and welcome aboard! Yeah, I too have been in the situation you are talking about. Eating way too much at night....I have found that eating some of what I like in the daytime helps me avoid saving all of the treats for later. It was comforting to me to have that food at night especially when working long hours and having crazy days. I still have very long hours and have super crazy days but I now plan when I am going to overeat. If it is at night, trust me it is planned and I would have been eating well for at least 5 or 6 days prior to that. That might work for you.Definitely sounds like you are depriving yourself during the day and making up for it at night. I also used to think that just because a food was lowfat that I could over indulge in it. I was proven wrong when I started gaining weight from healthy food. Hang in there and I am sure you will find a good balance with food and exercise. Good luck! Niceee

Click on text to edit Delete

Photographs of Jillian: ©2009 Joseph Puhy www.puhy.com | Advertising and sponsorship policy | Advertising and sponsorship opportunities
Home | About Jillian | Bio | Press | Books & DVDs | TV | Newsletter | Ask Jillian | Jillian's Look | iPhone App | Unlimited | Blog | Success Stories | Food | Fitness | Support | Online Store | Need Help? | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Contact Us | Feedback | En EspaƱol

This site does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
More information.