‹‹ Back to JillianMichaels.com

Join the Jillian Michaels "Unlimited" Groups!

Jillian Michaels Unlimited now has Groups! Each message board has a corresponding Group home page. Here you'll see your Group stats, popular posts, and new members. There will be many more Group features added in the coming months. To join, simply click the “Join This Group” button in the top left corner of the message board page.

Gluten free

Posted: Mar-21 08:34 PM via the Mobile app (1 of 9)

I require a gluten free diet
I require a gluten free diet

Click on text to edit Delete
To: trappy2
Posted: Mar-22 01:50 AM via the Mobile app (2 of 9)

Eat plenty of fruits, veggies and proteins. Brown rice bread may not be bad. My son is gluten free I had to learn to cook for him. Good luck.
Eat plenty of fruits, veggies and proteins. Brown rice bread may not be bad. My son is gluten free I had to learn to cook for him. Good luck.

To: trappy2
Posted: Mar-22 04:25 PM via the Mobile app (3 of 9)

I'm gluten and dairy free so I feel your pain. What are you looking for substitutions on?
I'm gluten and dairy free so I feel your pain. What are you looking for substitutions on?

To: Cnewitt
Posted: Mar-29 08:35 AM via the Mobile app (4 of 9)

I am gluten, wheat, casein, soy, & lactose free and have many other random food allergies, I have found that quinoa pasta is amazing, brown rice wraps instead of bread
I am gluten, wheat, casein, soy, & lactose free and have many other random food allergies, I have found that quinoa pasta is amazing, brown rice wraps instead of bread

To: Jennyanna
Posted: May-08 06:27 PM (5 of 9)

I am also a coeliac also dairy, nut, some seafood, acid fruits, fizzy drinks, alcohol, anything with yeast in, caffeine so any advice that can help me is greatly welcome.

Carol
I am also a coeliac also dairy, nut, some seafood, acid fruits, fizzy drinks, alcohol, anything with yeast in, caffeine so any advice that can help me is greatly welcome.

Carol

To: Jennyanna
Posted: May-08 06:27 PM (6 of 9)

Carol

Carol

To: geordiegirl1892
Posted: May-13 08:00 AM (7 of 9)

for a very long time, my diet was as follows- breakfast was 3-4 egg whites hard boiled or pan fried with turmeric and spices to taste with choice of veggie a snack of a banana or fruit you can have lunch if you eat meat I chose stir fry chicken or fish with quinoa and veggies I could have snack being another fruit I could have dinner was a meat usually turkey breast with a full two servings o veggies I didn't eat rice often... this was hard to follow but I honestly never felt better. I wasn't hungry drinking large amounts of water and sipping Yerba mate with eat meal really helped. I had done an elimination diet before but this was something I could live with:) hope this helps:)
for a very long time, my diet was as follows- breakfast was 3-4 egg whites hard boiled or pan fried with turmeric and spices to taste with choice of veggie a snack of a banana or fruit you can have lunch if you eat meat I chose stir fry chicken or fish with quinoa and veggies I could have snack being another fruit I could have dinner was a meat usually turkey breast with a full two servings o veggies I didn't eat rice often... this was hard to follow but I honestly never felt better. I wasn't hungry drinking large amounts of water and sipping Yerba mate with eat meal really helped. I had done an elimination diet before but this was something I could live with:) hope this helps:)

To: ALL
Posted: May-24 11:19 PM via the Mobile app (8 of 9)

I'm gluten, dairy and egg free. Challenging! I have found that I really like almond milk. The brown rice krispies are good. Barbara's brand has good gluten-free cereal options. I like brown rice pasta (I buy it at Trader Joe's). Quinoa is excellent, a great source of protein. And I eat a lot of fruits, veggies, beans, nuts and lean meat. It's not ideal, but it's manageable. Good luck!
I'm gluten, dairy and egg free. Challenging! I have found that I really like almond milk. The brown rice krispies are good. Barbara's brand has good gluten-free cereal options. I like brown rice pasta (I buy it at Trader Joe's). Quinoa is excellent, a great source of protein. And I eat a lot of fruits, veggies, beans, nuts and lean meat. It's not ideal, but it's manageable. Good luck!

To: ALL
Posted: Jul-08 01:07 PM (9 of 9)

Being gluten free can be very difficult.  I have a sister will celiac who has to follow a very strict gluten free diet, she can't even use the same same jar of peanut butter if someone put a knife in the jar that has already touched bread that contains gluten.

I've been told many times that I should follow a strictly gluten free diet - but it becomes very difficult for me because of my allergies.  I have an allergy to barley and rye (two components of gluten) - but I'm not allergic to wheat.....  If I can find a bread that is truly 100% whole wheat - then I can eat it without any allergic reactions - but this in itself is very difficult because most companies add barley to their wheat bread.  If I attempt to purchase a gluten free bread or product, I have to be careful that they didn't use potato starch - since I have an allergy to potatoes.  That is the biggest problem that I find is that most gluten free products contain potato starch....

My allergies become very daunting when I follow a healthy lifestyle because they like to work against - some of the best foods for dieting are on my "NO" list.  I have allergies to: barley, rye, potatoes, chocolate, strawberries, salmon,  clams (any hard shell fish, ie; mussels, scallops, etc).  My blood work also says that I'm allergic to eggs - but that is one food that I don't have a reaction to - so therefore I don't eliminate eggs from my diet.

When my sister goes shopping - she has her book with her and is very diligent about what brands she will or will not buy.  Just with her eliminating gluten from her diet she has lost over 30 pounds - and she isn't doing anything specific - she was just having that much trouble with gluten containing foods.

Angela
Being gluten free can be very difficult.  I have a sister will celiac who has to follow a very strict gluten free diet, she can't even use the same same jar of peanut butter if someone put a knife in the jar that has already touched bread that contains gluten.

I've been told many times that I should follow a strictly gluten free diet - but it becomes very difficult for me because of my allergies.  I have an allergy to barley and rye (two components of gluten) - but I'm not allergic to wheat.....  If I can find a bread that is truly 100% whole wheat - then I can eat it without any allergic reactions - but this in itself is very difficult because most companies add barley to their wheat bread.  If I attempt to purchase a gluten free bread or product, I have to be careful that they didn't use potato starch - since I have an allergy to potatoes.  That is the biggest problem that I find is that most gluten free products contain potato starch....

My allergies become very daunting when I follow a healthy lifestyle because they like to work against - some of the best foods for dieting are on my "NO" list.  I have allergies to: barley, rye, potatoes, chocolate, strawberries, salmon,  clams (any hard shell fish, ie; mussels, scallops, etc).  My blood work also says that I'm allergic to eggs - but that is one food that I don't have a reaction to - so therefore I don't eliminate eggs from my diet.

When my sister goes shopping - she has her book with her and is very diligent about what brands she will or will not buy.  Just with her eliminating gluten from her diet she has lost over 30 pounds - and she isn't doing anything specific - she was just having that much trouble with gluten containing foods.

Angela

Photographs of Jillian: ©2009 Joseph Puhy www.puhy.com | Advertising and sponsorship policy | Advertising and sponsorship opportunities
Home | About Jillian | Bio | Press | Books & DVDs | TV | Newsletter | Ask Jillian | Jillian's Look | iPhone App | Unlimited | Blog | Success Stories | Food | Fitness | Support | Online Store | Need Help? | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Contact Us | Feedback | En EspaƱol

This site does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
More information.