The unofficial start of summer always officially puts me in the mood for something light and sweet — and this Raspberry, Avocado, and Mango Salad definitely hits the spot. The puréed berries in this dish give the tangy vinegar dressing a creamy texture and the avocado offers up some heart-healthy fats. So invite some friends over, toss up this salad, and sit back and enjoy.
Raspberry, Avocado, and Mango Salad
- 1 1/2 cups organic raspberries, divided
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove fresh garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 8 cups organic mixed salad greens
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped, or sliced almonds (optional)
Purée 1/2 cup raspberries, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender until combined.
Combine greens, mango, avocado and onion in a large bowl. Pour the dressing on top and gently toss to coat.
Divide the salad among five salad plates. Top each with the remaining raspberries and sprinkle with nuts, if using.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Number of Servings: 5
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 122 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 18 g
Dietary Fiber: 7 g
Protein: 3 g
Recipe reprinted with the permission of Eating Well.