- cooking spray, olive oil-flavored, for the pan
- 1 cup organic almond butter
- 2/3 cup honey, such as clover or orange blossom
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon alumniunm-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips, at least 70 percent cocoa
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch square glass baking dish with olive oil.
In a large bowl, place the almond butter, honey, coconut milk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk together until well blended and smooth.
In a separate bowl, place the flour, flaxseed, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk together until well mixed. Add the dry ingredients to the almond butter mixture and stir just untilblended. Then stir in the chocolate chunks.
Scrape the batter into the prepared dish and bake until browned around the edges and a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it, about 35 minutes. Transfer the baking pan to a cooling rack and let cool for about 15 minutes before cutting. Cut in 20 squares and serve. (The blondies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.)
Number of Servings: 20
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 13 g
Sodium: 103.3 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 22 g
Protein: 5 g